Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
NYC
Hey all,

This is my first post - be kind! How do I configure Quick Look to be used with the third mouse button on my mighty mouse? I hate having to use the "space" key or the quick look icon.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
you could remap "spacebar" to the 3rd mouse wheel...but that would not be very good for the rest of your computing experience.

Leopard isn't installed yet, but i'd imagine you can change this in system preferences->keyboard&mouse->keyboard shortcuts

but i'm not entirely sure because i don't have it installed yet.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Here is an Applescript that does it...

you could remap "spacebar" to the 3rd mouse wheel...but that would not be very good for the rest of your computing experience.

Leopard isn't installed yet, but i'd imagine you can change this in system preferences->keyboard&mouse->keyboard shortcuts

but i'm not entirely sure because i don't have it installed yet.

I wrote an Applescript the does it, use System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse then for the Mighty Mouse button of your choice select "Other..." and choose this QuickLook Script.app script.

---

You can find the Applescript saved as an AppleScript Application Bundle in my .mac public folder.

http://idisk.mac.com/wilhoitm-Public

--

All the AppleScript does is simulate a " " keystroke.

tell application "Finder"
activate
tell application "System Events" to keystroke " "
end tell

I am sure there are better solutions but this will suffice for now. :)

P. S. To make sure this works make sure you click on the "Universal Access" pane in "System Preferences". Click the "Keyboard" tab. At the bottom of the pane is a checkbox setting called "Enable access for assistive devices", click on the checkbox so the setting is enabled.

Marcus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.