Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kimguroo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
finally, I will drive from GA to NY tomorrow.
I plan to visit the delaware apple store (Tax free:D).
can Iphone is activated in apple retail store?
I already have current AT&T accoount.
I don't have latest itune so I can't activate iphone in my old g3 ibook.
I can buy macbook tomorrow but I want to wait until Nov.16th.

aznguy2772

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
finally, I will drive from GA to NY tomorrow.
I plan to visit the delaware apple store (Tax free:D).
can Iphone is activated in apple retail store?
I already have current AT&T accoount.
I don't have latest itune so I can't activate iphone in my old g3 ibook.
I can buy macbook tomorrow but I want to wait until Nov.16th.

No, you can't activate it in the store. You have to activate through your own personal Mac. If you don't want to upgrade iTunes on your g3 iBook, just wait to activate it until you get a new computer.

kimguroo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
No, you can't activate it in the store. You have to activate through your own personal Mac. If you don't want to upgrade iTunes on your g3 iBook, just wait to activate it until you get a new computer.

then I should wait until Nov. 16th (I will drive down to GA on 16th).
thanks for the reply.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Sort of...

When I bought my iPhone, like you I was already an AT&T/Cingular Wireless customer. So, I went to my car (parked in front of the Apple Store) and turned my MacBook on and in 15 minutes my new iPhone was up and running. One note... I did the sync via iTunes on my MacBook, but once I got home I wanted to sync my iPhone with my Mac Pro 3.0, and the first screen prompt that I received was "this iPhone is already synched with another computer, would you like to sync with this computer?" and so I proceeded to sync with my Mac Pro 3.0. As it turns out, according to the Apple Genius People, I can only sync with ONE computer!!! I was noticing that none of my videos, music and music videos were showing-up on my MacBook. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.