Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:59 AM   #1
cstromme
macrumors regular

Is Leopard Server out? Does it have Front Row?

I'm considering getting Leopard Server for my Mac Mini, but I also use this machine in my home theatre and need Front Row on it as well.

Does Leopard Server contain Front Row? If not, is it possible to copy Front Row from the normal Leopard to the server version?
cstromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:48 AM   #2
VortexOfPain
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstromme View Post
I'm considering getting Leopard Server for my Mac Mini, but I also use this machine in my home theatre and need Front Row on it as well.

Does Leopard Server contain Front Row? If not, is it possible to copy Front Row from the normal Leopard to the server version?
Yes, it does. For me this was the most notable upgrade, front row looks better, easier to navigate, and most of all runs **SUPER FAST**. Apple definitely put alot of work into this version, I have never even seen the spinning progress bar in Front Row using Leopard. On 10.4 I'd always wait forever while it loaded my music or photo library. It's instant now, and every click throughout the menus is too.
VortexOfPain is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking