Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:11 PM   #1
j4mie
macrumors newbie

Developer help: GCC with Leopard + Developer tools

On Tiger, installing the Developer Tools was all you needed to do to use GCC at the command line. I installed Leopard today and the new version of the Developer Tools and now I get:

Code:
macbook:/ jamie$ gcc
-bash: gcc: command not found
I have a feeling this may be something to do with my $PATH variable, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Any thoughts?
j4mie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:49 PM   #2
slb6r
macrumors newbie

Make sure that gcc is installed. It resides in /usr/bin in version 10.3 (sorry, have not upgraded from Panther). It may be installed somewhere else, though. Try 'whereis gcc'. Once you know where gcc is located, you can add the location to your $PATH, which you can alter in your .bashrc file (or .cshrc), for example. Just add a colon and the path you found.
slb6r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:05 PM   #3
j4mie
macrumors newbie

Thanks, I actually solved this myself - turned out I'd unticked the option for command line tools in the installer. I mustn't have read the description properly. File this under "stupid questions"
j4mie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X