Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jo1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I have a really strange problem with my ipod touch. It randomly opens apps when the screen has not even been touched. It will change songs on it's own or go into settings and actually change them. It changed the language from English to Spanish which as frustrating as it was it was also quite funny. The screen is also unresponsive intermittently. It has gone into an apple service centre to be looked at. I have heard of others who have had unresponsive screens but have never come across anyone in any forums who have had the problem of the touch opening apps on its own.

markshaf

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
Me too!

My Touch is also doing this. Sometimes, the screen becomes non-responsive and then apps start opening randomly, or things like volume start changing randomly as if being controlled remotely!

Took it into the Apple store and they'd never seen the problem or even heard of it, but said I should get it replaced (bought at John Lewis in the UK) so need to take it back there.

I'm kind of glad that someone else has seen this too - but v frustrating! :(

jo1970

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I am picking up my new touch today. I got a call from the service centre yesterday to say that it has been replaced. It seems like a very rare problem which is a good thing as it is so damn frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.