Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 29, 2007, 03:03 PM   #1
adman31
macrumors newbie

Ipod Problem

This is my problem: I load up iTunes and it runs. Then I attach my Ipod U2 Edition to the computer using the usb cable and then the apple symbol loads up then after a short while a folder with a exclamation mark appears then a few seconds after that the do not disconnect sign appears and it flashes for about 10 seconds and then shuts off and then I am back at the Ipod logo. Can anybody suggest what is wrong with it? Or do I need to go to an Apple store and ask them.
adman31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:20 PM   #2
RumMunkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman31 View Post
This is my problem: I load up iTunes and it runs. Then I attach my Ipod U2 Edition to the computer using the usb cable and then the apple symbol loads up then after a short while a folder with a exclamation mark appears then a few seconds after that the do not disconnect sign appears and it flashes for about 10 seconds and then shuts off and then I am back at the Ipod logo. Can anybody suggest what is wrong with it? Or do I need to go to an Apple store and ask them.
I'd get to an Apple store, although if you have the U2 edition you're probably out of warranty, aren't you? I'm not sure how much help you can get.

That folder / exclamation point icon isn't usually good news.
RumMunkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:27 PM   #3
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
hvae you tried the restore feature?
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:42 PM   #4
adman31
macrumors newbie

The thing is I cannot load up my Ipod. It just shows the apple symbol and after about 20 seconds goes to the folder with the exclamation mark and then shuts off. And Yes RumMunkey I am out of a warranty but I don't care, I will pay any amount just to get it working again. Thanks for your help guys.
adman31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:31 PM   #5
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
adman: I didnt understand that part in you first post. I see it now. Bummer about the pod. Could it maybe be fixed with a harddrive replacement? While I am not recommending them because I have never used them, there are places like ipodfixit.com or other repair services that offer a wide array of repairs. Most of them have a low cost diagnostic fee. However, I would say that this should be a last resort after all other options have been exhausted.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod