Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Defender90
macrumors newbie

rSBT/Customize

Can anybody rearrange the apps icons on the 2nd page in the new 1.1.1 rSBT embedded in Customize?

BTW - I did the jailbreakme.com update. It was very fast, but I did need to install the BSD Subsystem and restart a couple times to get the 3rd party apps to work.
Defender90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:12 PM   #2
iPhoneyboy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender90 View Post
Can anybody rearrange the apps icons on the 2nd page in the new 1.1.1 rSBT embedded in Customize?

BTW - I did the jailbreakme.com update. It was very fast, but I did need to install the BSD Subsystem and restart a couple times to get the 3rd party apps to work.
I've got it working... no problem rearranging icons.
iPhoneyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:36 PM   #3
mcdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneyboy View Post
I've got it working... no problem rearranging icons.
On the 2nd page of apps? Are you sure? You would be the only person to report it working that I've seen. For me, the first page of apps is organizable, but any apps on the second page are jumbled in a random order.
mcdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:47 PM   #4
bbplayer5
macrumors 68020

2nd page doesnt work.
bbplayer5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 08:29 PM   #5
iPhoneyboy
macrumors member

Right, second page don't work. I hadn't re-ordered it... only the first.

By the way, Installer 3.0b7 is now out.
iPhoneyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:38 PM   #6
strongesthylian
macrumors newbie

Here's what I found out. rBST uses the "extended springboard" section, right? Turns out, that breaks the ability to reorder icons. So what you need to do is SSH into
/System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
and get M86AP.plist and put it on your computer.
Open it up with a text editor, and you'll have to bring the apps in the "thirdParty" section and take them into the "iconList" section.
Then you can reorder them how you like.

Save the file, and put the file back into the phone. It's probably a good idea to keep a backup of the file.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:19 AM   #7
surge1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender90 View Post

I did the jailbreakme.com method, but Customize kept crashing upon starting it up. i have bsd installed and this is the first app i have problems with. any special procedures i need to follow. i have summerboard and xlaunch installed as well. can that be a problem?
surge1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:52 PM   #8
SheepNutz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1 View Post
I did the jailbreakme.com method, but Customize kept crashing upon starting it up. i have bsd installed and this is the first app i have problems with. any special procedures i need to follow. i have summerboard and xlaunch installed as well. can that be a problem?
Mine was crashing too, and I rebooted my phone and all was well. Give that a try.
SheepNutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:26 AM   #9
rperalta
macrumors regular

Keep re-opening "Customize" app. At 3rd or 4th try, it should open up without any problems. It does not crash as often after this. Regards!
rperalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 09:17 AM   #10
bluush
macrumors regular

It took about 4 tries of reopening Customize to get it to open, however once the program actually opened up for me it still refused to reorganize the icons. So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.. is there any way to refresh the list? I noticed as I was downloading each app that it would disappear from the list of apps in Installer so there is obviously some way it is remembering what you've downloaded. How do I re-download Customize?

Thanks
bluush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:25 PM   #11
orionpower
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluush View Post
It took about 4 tries of reopening Customize to get it to open, however once the program actually opened up for me it still refused to reorganize the icons. So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.. is there any way to refresh the list? I noticed as I was downloading each app that it would disappear from the list of apps in Installer so there is obviously some way it is remembering what you've downloaded. How do I re-download Customize?

Thanks
go to installer and then go to sources then click refresh
orionpower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:48 PM   #12
mcdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluush View Post
So I sftp'd to my touch and deleted the Customize folders (that's how I hope you're supposed to delete it, anyway) with the intention of re-downloading it and trying again.

However, now the Customize app isn't showing up in the Installer.
That's because Installer doesn't know you SSH'd into your phone to remove Customize...it thinks you still have it. You're supposed to uninstall via Installer.

Just reinstall it manually. You can get it here
mcdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks