Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:32 PM   #1
flipdoubt
macrumors member

Trackpad scroller waay too sensitive with Boot Camp 2.0?

I loved the vertical scrolling via the trackpad in Boot Camp 1.4. After upgrading to the Boot Camp 2.0 drivers included with Leopard, it feels like trackpad scrolling is much more sensitive. Does anyone else observe the same thing? Now, when I drag straight down, I sometimes go down then up. Sometimes it scrolls fine, but sometimes it doesn't. It's as if the addition of horizontal scrolling is interpreting previously ignored horizontal deltas into negative vertical deltas.

Any advice?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 07:19 AM   #2
flipdoubt
macrumors member

Am I the only one who notices this? When I put two fingers down on the trackpad to right-click, it often scrolls the current window whereas I had no problem with this before. Does anyone know how to tweak the sensitivity of the two finger scrolling? I see the Control Panel applet in Vista, but it does not appear to affect the behavior I'm seeing. Is there a driver setting?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 03:42 PM   #3
milk242
macrumors 6502a

i noticed the same thing all I did was turn down sensitivity and it worked for me I tweaked it from the mouse setting in the control panel. Specifically changing the pointer speed
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:47 PM   #4
utsavtalwar
macrumors member

hey
even im having similar issues....changing pointer settings didnt help..
also when i use apple remote to increse/decrease sound volume...it automatically starts wither increasing or decresing respectively on its own if i hit the volume buttons on the remote evn once

please help
cheers
utsav
utsavtalwar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:10 PM   #5
flipdoubt
macrumors member

Ah, turning the pointer speed down does work for me. I was being silly and kept tweaking the scroll wheel because we're talking about scrolling.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:15 PM   #6
bmzero
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue, but adjusting the pointer sensitivity has no affect in my case. Have you guys found a fix for this?

Is it possible to roll back to the old driver somehow? I can't seem to find the old driver anywhere.

.brit
bmzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:01 AM   #7
bmzero
macrumors newbie

I found an extract of the trackpad driver from boot camp 1.4. Installing this completely fixed my issues, but obviously it disables the horizontal scrolling. Good trade off to me.

http://makel.org/blog/28

.brit
bmzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac