Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:52 PM   #1
technicolor
macrumors 68000

How do you send a track to someone in another country?

I know Ive seen this done before. Someone from the U.S. buys a track from the US itunes store for someone in another country who doesnt have that particular track in their iTunes store.

I need to buy a track out of the US store for someone in the UK. Any help will be appreciated.
technicolor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:47 PM   #2
weckart
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicolor View Post
I know Ive seen this done before. Someone from the U.S. buys a track from the US itunes store for someone in another country who doesnt have that particular track in their iTunes store.

I need to buy a track out of the US store for someone in the UK. Any help will be appreciated.
You buy a US gift card and send it to them, or you buy something from iTunes Plus and email to them. Anything you download from the regular iTunes store will be DRMed to your iTunes account. Unless you are willing to share those account details with your someone in another country, that person cannot authorise his or her Mac via iTunes to play any of those songs. You can authorise up to 5 machines with one account.
weckart is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod