Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slamdunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
I have a 15" iMac which is just over a year old, and is running OSX 10.1.5.
i have been having problems with the cd drive not ejecting cds. i press the eject button, or control click the cd icon and select eject - the drive makes all it's whirry noises and the icon dissapears from the finder and desktop... and the nothing. it doesn't eject the disc or recognise that there is one in there!

the problem is equally bad with burned discs or software discs i've purchased or music cds. i have just restarted the computer, and it still will not eject. any suggestions??? (PLEASE?!?)

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago
You can try repairing permissions, but it looks like the problem is the fact that you're using a beta. I was using a build of panther and a lot of screwy stuff would go on. I switched back to jaguar and am just waiting to buy panther.

Slamdunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
sure, i assumed that it would be something to do with the OS. it's driving me nuts, but only really started happening over the last month or 2. previously if i logged out and in again, it would be okay - but not even that now!

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago
I know what you mean, I was running one of the Panther builds and sometimes my dock wouldn't even appear. The only thing I could do was back everything up and do a clean install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.