Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freewill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Today Fedex delivered my brand new (ok, refurbed) MBP, along with a Leopard upgrade disk. When I get home later to open and unpack the box, should I just plug the MBP in, hit the power switch AND:

1. Immediately install Leopard? If so, what method would you recommend?

2. Setup the machine using Tiger, setting up wireless connectivity etc.--and then install Leopard in a few days?

3. Leave the Leopard upgrade disk in the envelope until Apple releases updates to enhance OS stability, and just enjoy Tiger for a while?

Thanks & sorry if this has been asked about a hundred times.

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
If this is your first Mac and don't have any software that you were running under Tiger on an older Mac then I would do an erase and install Leopard.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
If this is your first Mac and don't have any software that you were running under Tiger on an older Mac then I would do an erase and install Leopard.

sounds good to me also, that way if your a switcher, just move your files over

freewill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Thanks. I'm coming over from a Dell laptop so nothing to transfer over from Tiger. Looks like an early clean install of Leopard to me.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Thanks. I'm coming over from a Dell laptop so nothing to transfer over from Tiger. Looks like an early clean install of Leopard to me.

do it, leopard is a wonderful OS, you wont miss anything by skipping tiger, :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.