Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2003
Columbia, MD
It is now November in some remote island just west of the international date line (hope I got my geography right). So it is now time for the November desktops thread. I've always wanted to start one of these threads, and now I do. :D

I'm at work (on a PeeCee) so I don't have a Mac desktop to post. And we have upload restrictions here so I can't post my PeeCee desktop either. :mad: But, fellow MacRumors community members, please post your desktops in the meanwhile. And as soon as I get home, I'll add mine to the mix - I promise.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
You started a desktop thread but you don't post your own, shame on you!! :p
here's mine, one that i made myself with two apple wallpapers, the folders are leopardy style.
here's mine:

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Only the 31st for me but here you go

LivBackGroup.jpg

Edit: Having problems with attach.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Still the 31st here but this will be mine for the 11th month (Click to enlarge)

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
These days more often than not on the PowerBook, although it is dual boot with Tiger. The iMac is OSX all the way :)

:) i tried using ubuntu, but never even got in installed, i had the .iso file , and downloaded it to a cd with burnmap , did i do it wrong? and then inserted it and restarted computer, and didn't work, what did i do wrong?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
:) i tried using ubuntu, but never even got in installed, i had the .iso file , and downloaded it to a cd with burnmap , did i do it wrong? and then inserted it and restarted computer, and didn't work, what did i do wrong?
Try getting hold of the alternate installer CD, which was the one I installed from. A quick search of the Ubuntu forums will get you the location.

Aug 6, 2007
Pft. It's not November unless you're in Australia, New Zealand, some parts of the Russian Federation, Fiji or the Christmas Islands! But I'll bite.

Here's my MacBook desktop. As usual, it's from deviantART

I'll post my external when I get back from Uni.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
Try getting hold of the alternate installer CD, which was the one I installed from. A quick search of the Ubuntu forums will get you the location.

ALternate installer CD??? what's that? i'm looking on the forums... iknow what it is, but what is the difference?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
Nov 1st herejust turned midnight so im officially the first november desktops poster... uh... guy (check my ical icon and menubar if you dont believe me :D)

fell in love with this desktop today when i went to the apple store and saw it on a cinema display.

1808758462_c47cb7450e.jpg

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
That's from "Carousel," isn't it? I love that song.

Originally yes, but you should here it being sung by 50,000 Liverpool supporters.

The version attached is 1680x1050 or 20" iMac, if anyone wants me to email them the original .psd so they can scale it/adjust it themselves feel free to PM me. Although to be fair it is very easy to make and you can feel free to nick the attached image

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.