Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonswan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Whilst working on Office for Mac 2004 in Word my cut and paste function has stopped working! This is a major problem as on a Macbook there's no room to drag text across.
Any help gratefully received...

jonswan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Hi,
AM either right clicking on an Apple mouse, or using the cut/paste icons on the toolbar. Is this significant?

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Hi,
AM either right clicking on an Apple mouse, or using the cut/paste icons on the toolbar. Is this significant?

Hmmm. The reason I asked which keyboard shortcut you were using was because you have to use :apple: and not control.

jonswan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Hmm, that's strange. Control-click seems to work...

My girlfriend, whose problem this is, now says it's only a problem when she is trying to cut & paste from web pages into Word documents, for example for university stuff. It used to work but now doesn't... sorry - she led me to believe that the whole cut&paste function was gone.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Hmm, that's strange. Control-click seems to work...

My girlfriend, whose problem this is, now says it's only a problem when she is trying to cut & paste from web pages into Word documents, for example for university stuff. It used to work but now doesn't... sorry - she led me to believe that the whole cut&paste function was gone.

Has she tried using two fingers on the trackpad and clicking instead of an attached mouse? Perhaps the mouse has an obstruction or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.