Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 1, 2007, 01:54 PM   #1
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Python Cross-Platform Development

I wish to write a cross-platform application in Python. The question I have is this: How do I handle the Windows version? I'm going to use the PyObjC support built into Leopard's Xcode for the Mac OS X release. Should I use IronPython, wxPython, or some other Windows toolkit for Python development there? Also, I may decide to make a Linux version at some point - the big thing preventing me from doing that now is no easy way to test it.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 03:32 PM   #2
stupidregister
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldwzrd89 View Post
Also, I may decide to make a Linux version at some point - the big thing preventing me from doing that now is no easy way to test it.
How is it any harder than testing it on any other platform? To me it seems even easier since Linux distributions usually have prebuilt live CDs available. You can use them to test software. This would allow you to test multiple OSs without even having to install any of them. And it could be done through a virtual machine.
stupidregister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming