Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,

Just picked up a wireless Mighty Mouse today. To get the right click button to function that way, I have to hold the Control key in while hitting the right click. Why??? Is that correct?? My old usb Mighty Mouse worked perfectly.

Other than that, it's really neat.

Thanks.

Frank

Retired
May 16, 2006
System preferences -> Mouse & Keyboard, follow the options to set the right hand side as secondary click :)

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
It was set that way from the USB mouse and still is. That's under System Preferences-Keyboard/Mouse-MouseOr is it done under the Bluetooth choice.

I reset everything, and it still does it.
Only functions as a right click while holding down the Control Key while hitting the right click.

Frank

l33r0y

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
It was set that way from the USB mouse and still is. That's under System Preferences-Keyboard/Mouse-MouseOr is it done under the Bluetooth choice.

I reset everything, and it still does it.
Only functions as a right click while holding down the Control Key while hitting the right click.

Frank

Ensure your left click finger isn't resting on the mouse.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>Ensure your left click finger isn't resting on the mouse.<<

I think that may have done it. Amazingly sensitive. Seems just the touch of the left finger on the mouse negates the right click. Thanks.

Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
That's strange. It worked for a while, now it doesn't again. I have my entire hand off the mouse. Only way to get a right click to function is to hold the Control key down. Is it a sensitivity issue????

Frank

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If it continues do not right click despite you having only 1 finger on the right side of the mouse, it could be a dud. Take it to the Apple store and see if they think it's bad.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I had one of these a while back and took it back because of problems. I thought I'd give it another try. Strange. It's working this morning. I agree though. I'll return it if it continues.

Frank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.