Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobutler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Cornwall
I have recently upgraded to Leopard having first had to uninstall Tiger under instruction from the official help line due to problems. I now find the following missing iphotos, iDVD, iMovies and garage from the dock yes I have a few new ones but I thought these were extra = perplexed and:confused:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It sounds like you must re-install iLife (those applications are part of iLife and not Tiger/Leopard).

If you have an iLife DVD, use that. If you don't, it's on one of the restore DVDs that came with your Mac (not the first one -- look for an installer package on the disc that's labeled as something like "additional installs"). You can safely use the Tiger system restore DVDs to install iLife (but just install iLife -- don't reinstall Tiger).

mobutler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Cornwall
if I install iLife from Tiger will it be upgraded automatically from my Leopard disc to 08 or do I have to buy it new,

tjmrpm04

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Richmond, VA
It will not be 08. You will have to purchase iLife 08 if you want that. I have iLife 08 and love it. Very smooth in Leopard as well.

Hope this helps

if I install iLife from Tiger will it be upgraded automatically from my Leopard disc to 08 or do I have to buy it new,

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
It always seems to be a source of confusion, but iLife and OS X are completely separate: iLife is bundled with a purchase of Mac Hardware not with the OS so when you buy an OS upgrade you get just that: To get the newer version of iLife you have to buy it separately

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.