Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 3, 2007, 02:32 AM   #1
amemoryoncelost
macrumors 6502

sending ibook to apple on Monday

So I think I have a bad logic board on my 1.2 ibook. Called in a week ago and did the resets they have you do, PMU and PRAM. I called in today since it keeps shutting down to the black screen. Should have my box in on monday.

Has anyone sent in an ibook lately, are they still replacing these logic boards? Anything I should expect? I've never had to send anything in before. Would be nice if they said they were short on logic boards and handed me a shiny macbook, but really, I'd be happy if my ibook started to work correctly. Applecare runs out in Jan.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 05:47 PM   #2
amemoryoncelost
macrumors 6502

iBook was sent in last Monday. Got an email Saturday morning that the part was on order. Not sure what part they're talking about at this point, but I'm guessing it's the logic board. I did give them a call and she couldn't give me an estimate on when the part would be in, so the put it under expedited service now or something and that they would call me by Wednesday at the latest with an update.

Anyone have anything to offer, anyone sent in an iBook lately, anyone know anything about logic board availability these days?

thanks!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs