Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:55 PM   #1
downingp
macrumors 6502a

Installing a printer in Parallels

I am having a problem installing a printer on XP within parallels. I am using the bonjour setup wizard to install the printer. When I use the setup, I am able to see the printer and go through the necessary steps to set it up. When I choose to finish the install windows tells me I don't have permission to install the printer.
How do I change the permissions so I can install the printer?

thanks.
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 09:29 PM   #2
downingp
macrumors 6502a

Can anyone help?
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:48 PM   #3
gunpowda
macrumors member

Exactly the same problem, and it's killing me. Bonjour gives me that error.

I've tried browsing to the printer manually, and connecting to it. This sometimes works. In particular, I can print test pages, but nothing else.

This must be a Leopard/HP/Parallels problem.
gunpowda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:51 AM   #4
user13
macrumors regular

Parallels support forum.
Try to search for answers here.
user13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:57 AM   #5
yakpak
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by downingp View Post
I am having a problem installing a printer on XP within parallels. I am using the bonjour setup wizard to install the printer. When I use the setup, I am able to see the printer and go through the necessary steps to set it up. When I choose to finish the install windows tells me I don't have permission to install the printer.
How do I change the permissions so I can install the printer?

thanks.
I had the same problem, I can at least print, but I need to select the printer each time I turn on my MAC. If you still have the parallels manual go to page 178. that might help you.

If you figure out how to get the printer to be recognized each time to turn it on, let me know.

When parallels is minimized and you see the icons on the bottom right, pick the usb icon and check mark the printer if it's there.

Good luck
yakpak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 07:49 AM   #6
markojug
macrumors regular

When you are running your OS in parallels, there should be little icons at the bottom of the parallels screen. One is for the printer. Click on it and your printer is installed
markojug is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac