Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:04 PM   #1
JSmoove05
macrumors 6502

lost my safari address bar how do I get it back please help

hey all I was using safari then all of sudden I hit something and my address bar goes poof can someone please help me to get it back please thanks!!!
JSmoove05 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:10 PM   #2
JSmoove05
macrumors 6502

got it delete post please
JSmoove05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:11 PM   #3
psychofreak
Retired

One of two things: View->Customize toolbar, drag the address bar thing

If not: Command+Shift+\
psychofreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Sgswangstu
macrumors newbie

I lost the address bar in Safari

Hello Everyone!

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I have been trying to figure it out for an hour. I lost the address bar in my Safari window. I was trying to change the home address, so I went under view to customize toolbar. I dragged the new address that I wanted into ..... "or drag the default set". This didn't work, and instead the whole address bar disappeared.

Thanks for your help

Sarah Swangstu
Sgswangstu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Rhalliwell1
macrumors 6502a

could you upload a screenshot?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:32 PM   #6
mgrande
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I'm having the same problem, the address bar in safari has gone missing. I've tried shift+command+\ and that will collapse the area where is address bar used to be, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've attached a screen shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 12.24.14 PM.png
Views:	852
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	307038  
mgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:50 PM   #7
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
I'm having the same problem, the address bar in safari has gone missing. I've tried shift+command+\ and that will collapse the area where is address bar used to be, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've attached a screen shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
CLICK HERE
Thumb resize.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:41 AM   #8
dudette
macrumors newbie

Missing address bar, and other things don't work..

I know this may sound really easy- but have you tried hovering over "view" and clicking the first option (which should be hide/show toolbar- it's the first things for me, and I'm running lion). It worked for me!
dudette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:27 AM   #9
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudette View Post
I know this may sound really easy- but have you tried hovering over "view" and clicking the first option (which should be hide/show toolbar- it's the first things for me, and I'm running lion). It worked for me!
But the toolbar is visible in the screenshot of the last poster, who had that problem, unless you respond to the OP from almost four years ago.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:54 AM   #10
dudette
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
But the toolbar is visible in the screenshot of the last poster, who had that problem, unless you respond to the OP from almost four years ago.
I'm confused. The view-show toolbar, worked for me, after I had tried everything else and they had all failed!
dudette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:35 AM   #11
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudette View Post
I'm confused. The view-show toolbar, worked for me, after I had tried everything else and they had all failed!
This thread is from 2007 and 2009, then one poster resurrected it in 2011 and provided a screenshot, and I replied to that poster alone.
In the screenshot the poster provided, you can see, that the toolbar is there, just the address and search bar are missing.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 02:14 PM   #12
lonetex
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, but now in 2014 after upgrade to 10.10

simsaladimbamba, and others have some great advice here... but my safari will NOT put up a display choice of toolbars to 'drag' into the window. simsaladimbamba, excellent screen shot. That is what my screen looks like EXCEPT I cannot get the menu of tool bars to drag into the safari tool area.
lonetex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2014, 08:05 AM   #13
Gregg2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetex View Post
simsaladimbamba, and others have some great advice here... but my safari will NOT put up a display choice of toolbars to 'drag' into the window. simsaladimbamba, excellent screen shot. That is what my screen looks like EXCEPT I cannot get the menu of tool bars to drag into the safari tool area.
Right click on the tool bar area and you should see Customize...
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help