Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:23 PM   #1
Nemisis
macrumors member

iTunes and 64bit Drivers

I just downloaded the most recent version of iTunes and plugged in my iPod to charge it. Now, I run 64 bit version of Windows Vista, and realize that I cannot use it with my iPod. I was expecting the normal message to pop up that says something about about plugging the iPod into a 32bit OS. However, this time, I got something different:

"The iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install the 64 bit versions of iTunes."

Can someone tell me how and where to get this 64 bit version of iTunes!? I tried re-installing and nothing happened, the same version was downloaded.

Here is a pic of the message:

Last edited by Nemisis; Nov 6, 2007 at 08:35 PM.
Nemisis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:24 PM   #2
maxrobertson
macrumors 6502a

I don't think there is one. Mabye it's in the works.
maxrobertson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Nemisis
macrumors member

I really hope so
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Nemisis
macrumors member

I updated the first post with an image of the message.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:23 PM   #5
Nemisis
macrumors member

Sorry to triple post and bump my own thread, but I didn't see the need for posting another thread. I have been searching religiously for the (possible) release date for the 64-bit version of iTunes, but haven't found anything. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if they know of anything. Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:00 AM   #6
TDCat
macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation. I have done plenty of digging around looking for a solution to the Vista x64 problem.

I don't think there is one at present. I can understand that Apple are less than interested in supporting Windows on computer related issues, but general day to day items such as mp3 player need to have better support.

I love the Ipod Touch but I find this level of support unacceptable. I too hope for an update.
TDCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:11 AM   #7
absoluttt
macrumors newbie

Problems using my ipod touch with itunes

Hi, I have an ipod touch (8gb) and I have a big problem when I connected to my pc. Im using a PC windows media center edition. When I connect my i-touch to my PC it appears this message: This ipod cannot be used because de required software is not installed. run the itunes installer to remove itunes, then install itunes again. I already remove itunes and also de quicktime and I install them again a lot of times but I still have de same problem. Please, does somebody knows a different way to fix this problem?

Thanks
absoluttt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Nemisis
macrumors member

Well, I believe with the release of iTunes 7.6, iTunes officially works with Windows Vista 64 bit editions!

At least, it's FINALLY working for mine. This is by far the happiest day of the year for me! Thanks apple!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:22 PM   #9
kennethkearns
macrumors newbie

Has Anyone had any luck with the 7.6 and a 64-bit version of Vista? I still get the same issues has before.
kennethkearns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:34 AM   #10
kennethkearns
macrumors newbie

ok figured it out. Firefox 32-bit makes the apple page download a 32bit version of itunes. use ie7 and you get the 64bit one.
kennethkearns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 04:54 PM   #11
Jecko024
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethkearns View Post
ok figured it out. Firefox 32-bit makes the apple page download a 32bit version of itunes. use ie7 and you get the 64bit one.
I take that as try IE7 64bit Version -- my vista has both....

Anyways -- if this works, THANK YOU!
Jecko024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store