Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
It always kills me to see the 'internet effect' on reviews. Most users are only going to take the time on a forum to express the broken, lost, or failed.

My hobby this evening has solidified my love for Leopard! I was downloading new songs, videos, and movies. I utilized Pixelmator, Handbrake, Quicktime, Spaces, Stacks, Quickview, iTunes, and Grab. Essentially, I froze the videos in order to create new Artwork in iTunes and the process went wonderfully!

As indicated above Quickview was likely the most powerful tool here. But, Stacks was also a critical piece.

For the first time I felt a terrific increase in productivity using Leopard's functionality.

Apple User (1992-1999) > XP User (1999-2006) > Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Apple User (1992-1999) < XP User (1999-2006) < Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

I think you mean like that, unless of course you want us to go back to the mac days of old.

Also the dates probably need changing a bit as i was more productive in Panther than XP (sorry didn't own a mac before then so can't say about anything earlier)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think you mean like that, unless of course you want us to go back to the mac days of old.

It looked right how it was :confused:

I agree that Leopard is a nice solid upgrade, it's certainly been more stable for me than Tiger was when it was released.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007

Also the dates probably need changing a bit as i was more productive in Panther than XP (sorry didn't own a mac before then so can't say about anything earlier)

Oops those were timeline arrows, Leopard gets a giant greater than sign using your method.

Alloye

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2007
Rocklin, CA
Leopard > Tiger

I also love Leopard. I haven't had a single negative issue with it. Sure, it isn't perfect. I think Stacks could use a couple of tweaks. Same goes for the menu bar. But overall, I'm very pleased with Apple's latest cat.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It looked right how it was :confused:

OK it is very late here but this is how i'm reading it

Original

Apple User (1992-1999) > (greater than) XP User (1999-2006) > (greater than) Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

Therefore Apple User (1992-1999) is greater than all of them and Leopard is at the bottom of the pile.

My version

Apple User (1992-1999) (less than)< XP User (1999-2006) (less than)< Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

Therefore Leopard is at the top of the pile.

Perhaps the clearest way to write it would be

Apple User (2006-INFINITY) > XP User (1999-2006) > Apple User (1992-1999) (less than)

But this is just mine in reverse order.

Then again i did say it was very late

Edit:

Oops those were timeline arrows, Leopard gets a giant greater than sign using your method.

OK I gets yah now.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir

Uh, lol. I think he means he was an Apple user 'til 1999, then switched to Windows, and then just switched back in 2006, hence the forward arrows...

EDIT: step back away from the bong mang, I think you've got enough for tonight... ;)

zaxour

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
come on, those are just timeline arrows. I don't think those phrases make sense when expressed as inequalities.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Yes, Leopard is a great upgrade and has a lot of great features. The big problem is that a lot of people want to be on the bleeding edge of technology but don't have the patience or skills to deal with all the glitches associated with "version 1" of a new product.

I've been running Leopard on a test machine for a week and it is really nice but does have some issues. When 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 are released I'll think about upgrading my main computer. But it just isn't worth the hassle until some glaring bugs are fixed and 3rd party devs get a chance to catch up with compatible versions of their software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.