Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 7, 2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Raid
macrumors 68020

Want to modify a "Web clip" widget.

Hi everyone,

I was fooling around with safari last night and I made a web clip of a traffic camera site I use when heading out of the city. The one annoying habit of the web clip is that if I click on it, instead of updating inside the widget, safari launches.

I'm not that much of a programmer, so I was hoping to open the web clip in dashcode and modify it to update in the widget. The problem is I don't know where the clip is saved on my computer! I've tried looking in my user account library and the system library, but it's not there. Anyone know where they are stored?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:59 AM   #2
LtRammstein
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to LtRammstein Send a message via MSN to LtRammstein
You should be able to open it up in Dashcode.

Try looking here:

Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets > Web Clip.wdgt
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:52 PM   #3
Raid
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtRammstein View Post
Try looking here:

Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets > Web Clip.wdgt
I saw that widget in the library, but it didn't have the right file creation date and when I opened it up in dashcode it only had the 'lego brick' icon in it. I assumed that was the basic Web clip code. I'll have another look at it, but I'm not sure it contains the particular page I clipped.

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Raid
macrumors 68020

Update

I decided to make another quick "web clip" widget (to see if there would be two Web Clip.wdgt files in Volume > "Name of your HD" > Library > Widgets ), but no dice. The one and only Web Clip.wdgt file says it was last opened yesterday (when I took a peek at it with dashcode).

I'd still like to know where the file is so if you have an idea let me know.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming