Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1
chelsel
macrumors 6502

iphone dead... got hot... stopped working....

I was charging my iPhone while I was on a call and it got really, really hot, to the point where I couldn't even touch it to my ear.... I unplugged it and now it won't turn on. It won't reboot (home+power). I'm at a loss.

The firmware is an unhacked 1.1.1.

Bring it to Cingular or Apple?
chelsel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:20 PM   #2
BigDaddy5
macrumors member

I had this problem too. I was able to turn it back on eventually, though. I had to turn it off, using the home+power, and then I was able to turn it back on. Or maybe I had to hold hte power button for a long time. Either way, I was able to turn it back on eventually, but it took a while.

Try to restore it, if you can, in iTunes.

If not, you have to take it to apple. AT&T wont do anything.
BigDaddy5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 09:18 PM   #3
Maui

I had the same problem. An Apple Genius replaced it free of charge. Took 3 minutes.
Maui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 09:31 PM   #4
polishmacuser
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I had the same problem. An Apple Genius replaced it free of charge. Took 3 minutes.
yup had the same experience as maui really simple my was actually surged lol i plugged it in the ipod charger since i really desperatly need to charge the phone and my dad turns on the car and boom. I was scared to even use it in the first place but my dad convinced me stupid me but i have a new one
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:05 PM   #5
aponteluis
macrumors newbie

Another Hot iPhone Died!

I was using my iPhone as usual. Suddenly it started to get hot and drain the battery. I tried to restore it with iTunes, but it stalled at the "Preparing for restore" prompt. I tried it several times and the battery kept discharging. Then all I got was the iTunes and the connector icons on the screen of the iPhone. I left it trying to restore overnight. The next morning it was still in the same state. Trying to restore. I unplugged it from the computer and it finally died. I never turned on again. Not even connected to the charger. Called Apple and they mailed a box to return it for warranty service.

The phone was un-hacked, never dropped, and always in a protective case.
aponteluis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone