Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
Just bought my son the new iPod Nano. When trying to sync some movies onto it, I keep getting an error message that the movie won't play on this iPod. They are MPEG-4 Movies, H.264, AAC codecs.

Movies I bought from iTunes work fine, but anything homemade or ripped fails.

What am I doing wrong?

eastender74

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
Answer?

Just bought my son the new iPod Nano. When trying to sync some movies onto it, I keep getting an error message that the movie won't play on this iPod. They are MPEG-4 Movies, H.264, AAC codecs.

Movies I bought from iTunes work fine, but anything homemade or ripped fails.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you ever figure out what was going wrong? I've been able to download youtube videos as mp4 but get the same message when attempting to sync to my ipod. Support from apple itself is non-existent.

eastender74

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
Did you ever figure out what was going wrong? I've been able to download youtube videos as mp4 but get the same message when attempting to sync to my ipod. Support from apple itself is non-existent.

Update!!!!! I take back anything bad I've ever said about apple ever!! I just used their apple expert care in which they said there maybe a fee for their help but apparently thats only if their automated solutions doesn't help. Surprisingly enough it did! It told me to go to advanced on the itunes software and click convert to ipod or iphone format and it did now it can sync all of my files in movies with no problem!! You probably already knew this by now if not I hope this helps.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.