bntz313
macrumors 6502

How do I install iPhoto

Installed leopard and now cant find iphoto
bntz313 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:57 PM   #2
tersono
macrumors 68000

Leopard does not come with iPhoto. You either have a separate iLife installation disk, or it's on the disks that came with your computer. If the latter, just put the restore disk in and select the 'optional installs' item instead of the OS install.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 12:57 PM   #3
webgoat
macrumors 6502a

Did you do a clean install? Did you have iLife to begin with? If the answer to both these questions is yes insert your original iLife install dvd, or if iLife came on your mac at time of purchase insert your old tiger install disc and reinstall iLife from the optional software bundles.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:05 PM   #4
bntz313
macrumors 6502

yeah, I did a clean install. I did have ilife installed before I installed leopard
bntz313 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:08 PM   #5
abijnk
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bntz313 View Post
yeah, I did a clean install. I did have ilife installed before I installed leopard
I did a clean re-install of Tiger to "de-gunk" things and preserve the iLife and other applications that came on my macbook, then upgraded to leopard. There isn't another way to do a clean install of leopard and get iLife back on there that I was able to find.
abijnk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:15 PM   #6
webgoat
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiyng87 View Post
I did a clean re-install of Tiger to "de-gunk" things and preserve the iLife and other applications that came on my macbook, then upgraded to leopard. There isn't another way to do a clean install of leopard and get iLife back on there that I was able to find.
yes there is... insert the os x install disc that came with the purchase of your computer and you can reinstall ilife from it... just click on install bundled software only... its much better to clean install leopard and then add ilife from tiger dvd... see picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	installdisc.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	90796  
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:17 PM   #7
abijnk
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgoat View Post
yes there is... insert the os x install disc that came with the purchase of your computer and you can reinstall ilife from it... just click on install bundled software only... its much better to clean install leopard and then add ilife from tiger dvd... see picture
Tried it, and it specifically tells you that it won't install iLife, unless I completely screwed up.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:22 PM   #8
webgoat
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiyng87 View Post
Tried it, and it specifically tells you that it won't install iLife, unless I completely screwed up.
i had no such message or problem when i installed ilife06 from my tiger dvd on leopard
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:26 PM   #9
abijnk
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgoat View Post
i had no such message or problem when i installed ilife06 from my tiger dvd on leopard
no kidding, man that would have been a lot easier. When I was doing it I got a message that said certain software would be installed, but not other software (like iLife). I'll have to try it out again later when I get home and see if I really am a total idiot

Thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X