Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 10, 2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Rahsten
macrumors regular

Trapped with Zoom In!!!

So, I recently installed Leopard and just now I used the feature to Zoom In that came in previous OS. I used the side button of my mouse and the wheel to zoom in, but then it stopped at maybe a 110% zoom and I couldnt get it to zoom in more. However when I tried to zoom out it wouldn't and won't let me return to the natural size.

So, I tried the manual commands and still it won't zoom out. The manual command is weird though, it's Option + and the = key (for zoom in) and the - key (for zoom out)...however the = and - key are the same key and require the use of shift. So, I can zoom in further but can't zoom out. But then i just found that quickly tapping the - key zooms out...but still won't zoom fully to normal size, stuck at 110%.

This is really annoying. I've even done Restart, Shutdown and Hard Shutdown in hopes that when I turned er back on the screen would be back to normal...but nope.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Camera: Rebel DSLR
Rahsten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 07:55 AM   #2
JNB
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to JNB
The zoom in/zoom out are " +" (Cmd-plus) for in and " -" (Cmd-minus), NO shift key, NO Option key. They've always been that way. If you were using the Option key then either a Preference was altered or you're talking about a unique application setting, not an Apple one.

JNB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 07:59 AM   #3
Rahsten
macrumors regular

Would the fact that my MacBook is Japanese and thus has a Japanese keyboard make a difference. Sorry, perhaps I should've mentioned that because the Command plus and Command minus dont do anything.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 08:17 AM   #4
JNB
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to JNB
You know, I'd bet that DOES have an impact. I'm afraid I don't know any of the keyboards outside of he US one. Does the Help menu provide any answers? I've noticed in Leopard it's actually giving me what I'm looking for. Another option is the Apple knowledge base. Between those, you're likely to find an answer.

JNB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Hawkeye411
macrumors 68000

Did you try holding down the ctrl key while using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out?
Hawkeye411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 08:14 AM   #6
Rahsten
macrumors regular

Hey thanks for the help.

But I figured it out. I went into System Preferences, accessed the mouses prefs and changed the function of the side button from Magnify to just plain old Zoom Out. It worked! So then I changed the function to Cut. I'm just gonna forget about the whole Magnifying function after that fiasco.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help