Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:26 AM   #1
DannyBres
macrumors 65816

iPhoto Online Web Gallery without .mac

Hey is it possible to make an online web gallery without paying for .mac? that i can sync with iphoto and dotn have to spend ages messin round with like flickr etc
DannyBres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Mindflux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBres View Post
Hey is it possible to make an online web gallery without paying for .mac? that i can sync with iphoto and dotn have to spend ages messin round with like flickr etc

Not with .Mac. You could load google's picasa program,and (I think) it installs an export plugin for iPhoto (I can export to picasaweb).. unless that's a native feature I never saw before loading Picasa. Of course this requires a free google email account.
Mindflux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Veritas&Equitas
macrumors 68000

No, it's not. The iweb online gallery, blog, and a few other features are only available if you have a .mac subscription.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:15 AM   #4
danielnord
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBres View Post
I have created an iPhoto online web gallery in php,cocoa and mySQL.

I parse the iPhoto library and automatically copies all files to the webserver and puts image and album data into the mySQL server with cocoa. There is much more to work on with threading.

My gallery handles users and when logged in they can download an album in zip format. They can also upload own images to the site (no import to real iPhoto though). Users can also comment each photo. There is a RSS stream too but I have to work on it a little bit more.

/Daniel
danielnord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:19 AM   #5
BlueRevolution
macrumors 601

I use the photos folder in my Dropbox when I need to share a bunch of images. It seems to work well enough.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/68829/1/xkcd?h=d012a9

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help