Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
My mom decided that it really wasn't going to be a surprise so she handed me the credit card and let me order the iPod Touch today! I won't be able to use it until Christmas but it feels good having ordered it myself with the engraving etc. Anyone else waiting on their Touch's until Christmas? I cannot wait!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
My mom decided that it really wasn't going to be a surprise so she handed me the credit card and let me order the iPod Touch today! I won't be able to use it until Christmas but it feels good having ordered it myself with the engraving etc. Anyone else waiting on their Touch's until Christmas? I cannot wait!

Not trying to ruin your fun, but you should definitely open it when you get it to make sure it works OK. I just brought home my 7th iPod touch in a month and all of them have had stuck pixels. Call me crazy, but I can clearly see them. I'm not trying to freak you out or anything - but if you're the type of person to be bothered by that stuff it might make sense to open it and check it out so you don't pass your 14 day return window.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
If it has stuck pixels when I buy it that are visually apparent and annoying I will raise hell with Apple until they replace it.

Yes, but if you get it next week, by the time christmas comes around you won't be able to do an exchange. You only have 14 days from the time you get it to do an exchange, I believe. That's why I suggested opening it up to check, because, from my experience, chances are it will have stuck pixels. I have yet to see one that doesn't. I have really good eyes, so it might be more obvious to me than some other forum members who don't see any. I wish I didn't see any either, but they're there.

logicalnoise

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
there are ways of fixing dead/stuck pixels yourself. On a locked down ipod touch I'd guess it'd be tricky but know 90% of stuck pixels can be fixed eitehr with viedo patterns or programs that can cycle all the pixels in one region of teh scree over and over again until it works it out.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
there are ways of fixing dead/stuck pixels yourself. On a locked down ipod touch I'd guess it'd be tricky but know 90% of stuck pixels can be fixed eitehr with viedo patterns or programs that can cycle all the pixels in one region of teh scree over and over again until it works it out.

I've tried all the videos that flash different colors on the screen...sometimes I've left it go for as many as 4 hrs, with no avail, on any of the iPod touches. I guess I'm just unlucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.