Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:33 AM   #1
bollard
macrumors regular

How do I transfer photos from iPhoto or desktop onto a memory card

Hi Hi

I desperately need to get prints of some of my photos in iPhoto, how can I transfer photos back onto my memory card. I have a card reader is that helps.

Cheers
Mark
bollard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:41 AM   #2
synth3tik
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to synth3tik
I never have my memory card plugged directly into my computer, but can't you just drag and drop the images in the memory card as long as it is formatted?
synth3tik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:45 AM   #3
bartelby
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth3tik View Post
I never have my memory card plugged directly into my computer, but can't you just drag and drop the images in the memory card as long as it is formatted?
yes, you can
bartelby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:55 AM   #4
bollard
macrumors regular

I can't drag and drop. How do I format the card ??? It's called "No Name" at the moment.
bollard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:42 AM   #5
sndcj1
macrumors member

I personally prefer the export option from iphoto. Make a album of the photos you want, select them all, and export them without resizing directly to that drive, and away you go.
sndcj1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:50 AM   #6
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollard View Post
Hi Hi

I desperately need to get prints of some of my photos in iPhoto, how can I transfer photos back onto my memory card. I have a card reader is that helps.

Cheers
Mark
The memory card is just like an external USB disk drive. Format it with Disk Utility and move files on and off of it using the finder's drag and drop method. or the "mv" command in the terminal. Can't most places print from a data CD or DVD? If so you could a put them on a CD and have a backup copy too. (You can never have to many backups)
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:51 PM   #7
npthomas
macrumors newbie

Transferring iphoto to memory card.

First of all, you need to purchase a USB Card Reader/Writer and a memory card. Now, turn on your computer. Plug in the card reader with the memory card attached to the rear of the card reader into the USB port. You should see an icon that says, "no name" folder. Right click on this icon. Click on "Open" from the drop down menu. That should bring up your list of files and the "no name" folder at the top of the files. Click on your photos or images. Drag and Drop the photos that you want to the "no name" folder. ( You can use the command key on a Mac to choose several photos at a time. Then, you just drag one photo and the others will follow). After you have put all the photos in the no name folder, then right click again on the no named folder and click on "eject". Take out the memory card/card reader assembly. Now you can install just the memory card (with the photos) into your photo frame! Good luck.

Last edited by npthomas; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
npthomas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:02 PM   #8
kazakh
macrumors member

I just tried it - as people mentioned above, you can just drag it from iphoto to your memory stick directory
kazakh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:31 PM   #9
TopHatPlus
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to TopHatPlus Send a message via Skype™ to TopHatPlus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakh View Post
I just tried it - as people mentioned above, you can just drag it from iphoto to your memory stick directory

haha yes it not a complicated process, i make a album so i get only the ones i want, then i move iphoto over a bit and have finder on the left, then highlight all my photos i want and drag them over, either into a folder for other purposes like uploading to certain web sites or just dropping it onto a sd card, usb flash drive, or external hard drive.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:55 PM   #10
alrcarte
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatPlus View Post
haha yes it not a complicated process, i make a album so i get only the ones i want, then i move iphoto over a bit and have finder on the left, then highlight all my photos i want and drag them over, either into a folder for other purposes like uploading to certain web sites or just dropping it onto a sd card, usb flash drive, or external hard drive.
I'm new to mac's. Tried this, but message says not enough space on memory stick...
alrcarte is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography