Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:19 AM   #1
toores
macrumors newbie

MacBook pro internal mic location..

As i understand they have put the internal mic on the pro version under the left speaker grille. Why on earth? Again? (on the Powerbook it was next to speakers and keyboard to)

Why couldn't they put in next to the cam as it is on MacBooks. I mean what good is a internal mic (supposedly easy to use allready integrated feature) if it is next to your vent with the sweetest buzzing sound. What the !"#%& am i gonna do with that?? I even can't type the same time i'm talking to my friend because the mic is almost under my keyboard and you hear every touch. Oh, and dont forget the echo your friend hears when you do not use headphones. Nice work apple!
toores is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:27 AM   #2
aaron.lee2006
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aaron.lee2006 Send a message via MSN to aaron.lee2006 Send a message via Skype™ to aaron.lee2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by toores View Post
As i understand they have put the internal mic on the pro version under the left speaker grille. Why on earth? Again? (on the Powerbook it was next to speakers and keyboard to)

Why couldn't they put in next to the cam as it is on MacBooks. I mean what good is a internal mic (supposedly easy to use allready integrated feature) if it is next to your vent with the sweetest buzzing sound. What the !"#%& am i gonna do with that?? I even can't type the same time i'm talking to my friend because the mic is almost under my keyboard and you hear every touch. Oh, and dont forget the echo your friend hears when you do not use headphones. Nice work apple!
Get a different headset? I would never use an internal mic anyway I just use my USB one.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:31 AM   #3
toores
macrumors newbie

thats my point. I don't want to carry a headset with me all the time. And on Macbook the mic works fine. And since there is only 2 USB connectors(15-inch MBP), i dont want to pull something out to be able to chat with someone..

Last edited by toores; Nov 13, 2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:33 AM   #4
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

the macbook's mic isn't much, if at all, better.

they're so tiny that they just don't provide any quality no matter the location.
PlaceofDis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:41 AM   #5
toores
macrumors newbie

at least without the backround noise made by the vent and keyboard use..
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:04 AM   #6
Merkuryy
macrumors regular

Come on, it's not that terrible. When I used app to record internal sound for the first time, I wrongly set it to mic recording. But there was not much noise through the process, at least better than you mentioned
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Freyqq
macrumors 68040

there's an option in sound prefs for noise-reduction

try that and see if it helps
Freyqq is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro