Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
i have a custom view in a window that's attached to some actions, etc... i'd like to know: is it possible to simply duplicate that custom view and place it in another window? i've tried a simple copy/paste and it didn't work... finally i've noticed that IB assigns object IDs to objects, so i though i could simply match the object IDs for the original object and the new copy/paste object, but i can't change the Object ID (even though i can select and highlight the ID number?)...

so is it possible to duplicate objects (active objects? instantiated objects? or whatever they're called), or is creating a new custom view and new actions the only way this can be done?

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
As far as I know, there's no way to copy an object in IB an have the copy retain the connections and bindings. They get broken. That's often been annoying and frustrating to me. Not sure if this was fixed in the Leopard IB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.