Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobravap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
So, I'm using apple mail to check and send mail with my gmail account. It is configured using IMAP. Now when I send messages to people it keeps automatically sending those incomplete messages while I am still in the middle of typing the damn email. People recieve multiple copies of the email with roughly 1/3 of the message.

So it goes like this:
Email 1: Hello this is
Email 2: Hello this is a test message.
Email 3: Hello this is a test message. Something is wrong.
...etc

Help please.
Anyone thing this is a Leopard Bug? GMAIL bug? Apple Mail bug?

enklined

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Earth
So, I'm using apple mail to check and send mail with my gmail account. It is configured using IMAP. Now when I send messages to people it keeps automatically sending those incomplete messages while I am still in the middle of typing the damn email. People recieve multiple copies of the email with roughly 1/3 of the message.

So it goes like this:
Email 1: Hello this is
Email 2: Hello this is a test message.
Email 3: Hello this is a test message. Something is wrong.
...etc

Help please.
Anyone thing this is a Leopard Bug? GMAIL bug? Apple Mail bug?

I'm having this EXACT problem.

I pulled my mew message window to the side so I can see the "Mail Activity" of Mail - every minute or so it sends the email im in the middle of writing!

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Anyone know of a fix?

c84216

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
My experience is that these e-mails are not sending, but rather, saving/synching to the server. Only when I press send do my recipients get what I have typed. Not before. I saw the activity and panicked at first, but I sent myself a test message to try out this "bug"--and I only got the message I typed when I pressed "send"

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Yes, I had the same issue, but my recipient only got the one message. Weird.

My experience is that these e-mails are not sending, but rather, saving/synching to the server. Only when I press send do my recipients get what I have typed. Not before. I saw the activity and panicked at first, but I sent myself a test message to try out this "bug"--and I only got the message I typed when I pressed "send"

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
The issue is that Mail.app is saving drafts to the server - the e-mails aren't actually being sent. See http://5thirtyone.com/archives/862 (linked on DF today) for tips on setting up Gmail IMAP in Mail.app. I found these tips elsewhere over a week ago and everything is working great.

jnolas2

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Chicago, IL
I had this problem too. All I did was go to the Gmail account settings in Mail, click on Mailbox Behaviors, and then unchecked Store draft messages on the server.

manvato

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
MAC Mail App Sent the same email multiple times

Please help me Mac gurus!
I used mail application on my Mac to send an email; it sent the same email 9 times to the same recipients! I force quit Mail application. ad don't know how to stop this problem!

When I was sending the email, the application told me there is too many recipient to send to, but I couldn't react to the message, as the button for try it later was way too down my screen and I couldn't reach it. What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.