Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:23 AM   #1
thetourist
macrumors member

broken 7.5 library leads to not being able to sync (required file is in use)

so my 44 gig external itunes 7.5 library came up damaged, and so i created a new library, copied everything over and it all seemed like it was gonna be ok.

until it hung while determining gapless. then it wouldn't get past that, it'd just hang every time i started itunes.

so i copied the music to another external drive, formatted the first, then created a 3rd library on the drive again. same issue, only now it got through all the analysis and determination of gapless, but it says it can't sync my iphone because a certain song is in use.

i've heard of things similar to this in the past, but can't determine whether or not anyone ever got a reasonable answer as to how to fix it. the files that are supposedly 'in use' have been unchecked and yet more show up with the same error. also, when trying to copy them off the external drive, i get a -36 error in the finder.

i think that's about it...any help?

i'm about to try creating a library locally, copying the apparently broken files (if i can) from one of the drives and syncing it from the local library.

i had a thought: my usb speeds have been RIDICULOUSLY slow when synching on one of the two ports (2.0ghz core duo macbook) for some time now...across both tiger and leopard installations (so its not a driver likely).

maybe its an issue with my usb bus?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod