Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
Oh, I think I found it out.

Direct editing of DVDs on DVD+RW? So edits can be made without rewriting the disc? That's pretty cool...

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
From Here

"DVD+RW offers direct editing on disc, background formatting so you don't have to wait before you can use the disc, built-in defect management, multi-session writing, and other unique recording features. DVD+R/+RW uses the same disc for both video and data. You can share recordings between your home electronics and computer equipment, add new recordings or even edit directly on the same disc."

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Hmm.

That's the first that I have ever heard about that feature and it would be interesting to find out how true that statement is. I'm not saing that they are liars, just that bending the truth is quite easy and what they are describing sounds very complicated.

I also like how they say that DVD+R/+RW compatibility is a major strength. Last time I checked, a lot more players could play DVD-R discs.

P-Worm

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Not that much. From what I've heard from external sources, outside of the DVD+R/RW Klan, most people have said that the only "feature" DVD+R/RW has is some incompatibility with home DVD players. I've always used -R and I have never had a problem.

I could be wrong, but I think DVD+ is a little cheaper, but not by much.

P-Worm

acj

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2003
there are currently 8X DVD+R burners, but not -R. So far I've had no incompatibilities with +R. The real standard for drives is to support both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.