Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iPhoto 7.1.1 Update

Apple has released an update to iPhoto 7, part of iLife '08.

iPhoto 7.1.1
This update supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

Article Link

ThatWasAwkward

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
I tried to install it and got this message:

"The update “iPhoto Update” can’t be installed.

The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

Little help?

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Update worked fine. iPhoto loads quicker now with my over 4000 photos in it.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006

The Installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

Little help?

Make sure it's iLife 08 you got and it's in the Applications Folder. Maybe restart and try again.

iSpud

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2004
Minnesota
When will the "snappier" comments end? Or is this just the next "Powerbook G5 next Tuesday"? I see them everywhere. It used to be funny but it jumped the shark awhile ago...

mcic1984

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2002
the shadow has been fixed in leopard: with leopard + iphoto 7.1, the shadows lost its alpha transparency and looked really weird (even in the apple stores); now it looks just like it did in tiger.

i don't remember seeing "browse backups" in File menu either – but might be wrong on this one.

eme jota ce

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago
Installed, then launched (about 6800 photos in library.) After install, iPhoto took about 45 seconds to load and display photos.

Quit, re-launched, much faster ... about 7 seconds.

kakiser56

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
PA

Little help?

This has happened to me. Download but don't install, then install manually.

I think it is a permissions issue, that Repair Permissions fixed.

skiwhitman

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Thank God for Time Machine

I'm not sure what happened, but I loaded the newest update and then opened up iPhoto. All of the photos were GONE! The event titles and number of photos were there, but all of the actual pictures didn't load...... I rebooted my computer with no luck. So, with my handy-dandy Time Machine, I am now restoring the entire library - (it takes a while, I am finding out). I am never happy losing anything on my computer, but it sure cuts down on the stress level being able to click on the Time Machine button and have everything come back!
Anyone else have this issue?

terkwong

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2005
Just updated to iPhoto 7.1.1 on Leopard and its crashing like mad on my 24" Al iMac!!!!.. hmm... anyone having the same problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.