Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 9, 2007, 07:18 PM   #76
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkarris View Post
If you didn't notice...that's also mine

No, it's not the one pictured in this thread. I'm way too big of an iPod collector.
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 06:18 AM   #77
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
HAD,

20gb 4G
1G nano-white
(sold to buy new iPods, a regret after reading this thread)

HAVE,

10gb 1G (yes spinny wheel rocks)
2G Shuffle- original silver with old earbuds
16gb iPod touch (jailbroken, of-course, and smashed screen)

COMING,
8gb iPhone, to be unlocked onto Vodafone here in Australia
15days untill my iDay (xmas)

will photo collection when i get my iphone

but to pass the time, enjoy my stupidity
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1476.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	774.1 KB
ID:	93898  
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 06:23 AM   #78
xUKHCx
Administrator emeritus
 
xUKHCx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Kop
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
10gb 1G (yes spinny wheel rocks)
2G Shuffle- original silver with old earbuds
16gb iPod touch (jailbroken, of-course, and smashed screen)
How did you do that (seems like this is the first mention of it on MR)
xUKHCx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 06:28 AM   #79
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xUKHCx View Post
How did you do that (seems like this is the first mention of it on MR)
it fell face first on to concrete!
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 07:01 AM   #80
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Ouch that phota makes me cringe! That's an iPhone not the touch right? You said you smashed your touch's screen. I look forward to seeing your collection, don't worry about the 4g and 1g nano. If you wanted to start collecting, those are two ipod's that you can obtain relatively cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
HAD,

20gb 4G
1G nano-white
(sold to buy new iPods, a regret after reading this thread)

HAVE,

10gb 1G (yes spinny wheel rocks)
2G Shuffle- original silver with old earbuds
16gb iPod touch (jailbroken, of-course, and smashed screen)

COMING,
8gb iPhone, to be unlocked onto Vodafone here in Australia
15days untill my iDay (xmas)

will photo collection when i get my iphone

but to pass the time, enjoy my stupidity
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 07:46 AM   #81
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMac View Post
Ouch that phota makes me cringe! That's an iPhone not the touch right?
no thats my iPt, i get my iPhone for xmas (im not meant to know yet)
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:41 AM   #82
davedecay
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Send a message via AIM to davedecay
At the present time I have, in working condition:

(3) 1st gen 5GB
(1) 2nd gen 20GB
(1) mini 4GB silver
(1) 5th gen 30GB white
(1) 1st gen nano 1GB black

plus a cigar box of parts.
davedecay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:19 PM   #83
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
no thats my iPt, i get my iPhone for xmas (im not meant to know yet)
For some reason I was thinking the bezel on the touch was all black.
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:42 PM   #84
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMac View Post
For some reason I was thinking the bezel on the touch was all black.
it is
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:07 PM   #85
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
it is
I thought so, but in the pic for some reason, it looks brushed aluminum.
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:38 PM   #86
GSMiller
macrumors 68000
 
GSMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kentucky
Here's my 5G 'Pod in her lovely black "pleather" dress

I wouldn't mind havin' a new Nano and of course a Touch, but my wallet won't allow it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010963 copy.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	93947  
__________________
2.16 GHz 20" iMac || 30GB 5G iPod || 1GB 3G Shuffle || 2.16 GHz Blackbook
GSMiller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:44 PM   #87
Weezy F Baby
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMiller View Post
Here's my 5G 'Pod in her lovely black "pleather" dress

I wouldn't mind havin' a new Nano and of course a Touch, but my wallet won't allow it.
Haha! That's not really a collection. Everybody and their dog has one iPod!
Weezy F Baby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:53 PM   #88
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMiller View Post
Here's my 5G 'Pod in her lovely black "pleather" dress

I wouldn't mind havin' a new Nano and of course a Touch, but my wallet won't allow it.
Nice...but I can hardly enjoy the iPod picture with that HEAVY watermarking
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:18 PM   #89
GSMiller
macrumors 68000
 
GSMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMac View Post
Nice...but I can hardly enjoy the iPod picture with that HEAVY watermarking
I just don't want somebody passin' off my baby as their own

I'd hate to see it as a pic in an eBay posting.
__________________
2.16 GHz 20" iMac || 30GB 5G iPod || 1GB 3G Shuffle || 2.16 GHz Blackbook
GSMiller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:55 AM   #90
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
also i will put in a pic of my dads 3G black nano, and brothers 4G 20gb (referb after the one i sold him broke)
all will be done when i get my iPhone
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:21 PM   #91
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMiller View Post
I just don't want somebody passin' off my baby as their own

I'd hate to see it as a pic in an eBay posting.
That is definitely understandable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
also i will put in a pic of my dads 3G black nano, and brothers 4G 20gb (referb after the one i sold him broke)
all will be done when i get my iPhone
Sounds like it will be a nice big iPod family picture!
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:21 AM   #92
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMac View Post
Sounds like it will be a nice big iPod family picture!
yip, screw the humans, photo the fruit.


ok just got an idea, now officially copy-writing it, gonna put all iPods & iPhone into a bowl and photo a fruit bowl. ahh, the joys of modern art


yes i do actually expect it to be done before i do it
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook

Last edited by iCantwait; Dec 26, 2007 at 03:49 AM.
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 02:05 PM   #93
Tom B.
macrumors 65816
 
Tom B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
gonna put all iPods & iPhone into a bowl and photo a fruit bowl. ahh, the joys of modern art

yes i do actually expect it to be done before i do it
I don't think you can copyright putting Apples in a fruit bowl.
__________________
MacBook | 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X | Windows 7 | Ubuntu
SyncMaster 2343BW 2048x1152 | Magic Mouse | Bluetooth Keyboard
iPhone 4 | 32GB | black
Tom B. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:41 PM   #94
davedecay
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
Send a message via AIM to davedecay
OK, snapped a few pix tonite.

Here are some of mine. The black video iPod is awaiting a new mobo.
The white video iPod in the Speck case has a black click wheel instead of gray because I like it better. The blue mini is really a silver one in a blue skin. And the 4 in the back are 3 1st gens, last one is 20gb 2nd gen.



I'm not watermarking cuz I don't care if someone wants to steal it.
davedecay is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:51 PM   #95
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedecay View Post
OK, snapped a few pix tonite.

Here are some of mine. The black video iPod is awaiting a new mobo.
The white video iPod in the Speck case has a black click wheel instead of gray because I like it better. The blue mini is really a silver one in a blue skin. And the 4 in the back are 3 1st gens, last one is 20gb 2nd gen.


I'm not watermarking cuz I don't care if someone wants to steal it.
Thanks...finally a very nice picture!
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 06:36 AM   #96
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
well i did it!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1485.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	95351   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1487.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	763.3 KB
ID:	95352   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1489.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	775.9 KB
ID:	95353  

__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:53 AM   #97
MattyMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
MattyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ/NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
well i did it!!!!!!
haha...Very Very Nice!

Merry Christmas!
__________________
MattyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:23 PM   #98
student_trap
macrumors 68000
 
student_trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 'Ol Smokey, UK
Hey guys, my collection is a little different: I am more specific, taking a keener interest in the third generation models, i mean i like all ipods, but have a particular love for the middle generation. I have to say that other than the shuffle and touch, i think the current generation is pretty ugly. Getting rid of the white i thought was a bad move, while the new nanos' clickwheels are far too close to the screen and just don't feel balanced (although i still plan to get one in the new year for their nike running benefits). Saying that though, full size and middle size ipods haven't been 'balanced' since the 4th gen ipods and ipod minis (both 1st and 2nd gen).

Anyway, my collection is:

3x 20gig 3G ipods
1x 20gig 4G ipod colour
1x 512meg 1G Shuffle
1x 1gig 2G Shuffle
1x 4gig 1G mini

As I said, a nano should be joining those fairly soon!

EDIT: Whoops forgot to add the photo...sorry its really bad quality, i took it on my phone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0171.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	700.4 KB
ID:	95401  
__________________
Mac Pro 2.8 Octo and macbook 2.13
Too many iPods
Too few ears
student_trap is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:51 AM   #99
iCantwait
macrumors 65816
 
iCantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
swish, add an iPhone to that collection
__________________
There truly is something beautiful about seeing a 5gb iPod plugged into an iBook
iCantwait is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:47 PM   #100
Jecko024
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jecko024 View Post
My collection is ....

Touch 16GB
5G 30GB
Photo 40GB
Shuffle 1GB
Nano 1G 2GB

SOLD:
3G 40GB

and I must include...
Black Zune

May post a pic later .... if I don't forget to charge my battery
I have since added:

2g Shuffle
And 2 more 5g Videos both black 30GB
Jecko024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling all iPhone Collectors Fralle iPhone 70 Aug 25, 2014 03:48 PM
Best texting/calling app for iPhone/Ipod Touch Mrudich iPod touch 3 Jan 22, 2013 08:56 PM
Will the first iphone become a collectors item? kingc0bra Apple Collectors 7 Dec 26, 2012 03:21 PM
Will the Iphone 5 be a collectors item since... richpuer iPhone 8 Sep 14, 2012 11:32 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC