Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Works fine with XP Pro. If I remember correctly, it connected automatically (it was already paired with machine).

Re-read the OP. Thought this was with BC and Apple drivers. Guess I haven't tested with non-Apple computer.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
ok thanks. On the apple homepage it says OS X is required. Does the keyboard come with a wireless transmitter to plug into a USB port?

MidwestMacFamil

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
up & typing

after multiple failed attempts, my apple bluetooth keyboard (the new slim style) is working well with windows xp2 (working on my intel mac). from the start, i didn't have any trouble pairing the keyboard but quickly soon after would disconnect. here's what i did. (1st paired keyboard w/os, of course). then, when going through the "add bluetooth" hardware in windows, the trick was to select the choose your own passkey option and input the same passkey used in mac os. (of course, to do this you've got to have a wired keyboard). then, input the passkey in the wireless keyboard AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE entering the return/enter key afterward. windows doesn't give you much time to do this.

4pples

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2008
I Figured It Out Somehow

Ok so if you have read all of these posts like I have, and still could not type in the passord because of the grey box, I was in your shoes and finally got it to work!!

Lovin the keyboard by the way guys, its worth all the effort!!

Ok so moving on... like I said I was pulling out my hair reading everyones posts and still having the same problem (not being able to type in the password) and I finally got so frustrated I started pushing all these buttons on the Apple Keyboard, and it started working lol.

Now I cant tell you the EXACT process I did, as it started working unexpectedly, but I know it happened when I pushed the 'return' key on the Apple keyboard. Just remember before I go on with more info, that the final step was hitting the 'RETURN' key on the Apple keyboard.

I cant give you an exact process of what I did, because I tried a bunch of different things at different times....but I will tell you anything that may help....so here go's...

Ok I hooked up a second keyboard like people told me to do, but that did not do anything for me... it has something to do with typing something in on the keyboard your hooking up (the apple keyboard)

Just before I hit the 'return' key, I typed in '1111' after following that other post above that says to do some changes in your system to make it '1111' so follow that process...

So yeh, I typed 1111 and even though I did not see the numbers in the box, I pushed 'return' and it started working.... I could not believe it... and I thought once I restarted my computer that it would stop working, but its been working flawless for a week now!!

Ok what else did I do.... I didn't go find certain drivers like everyone was talking about, but I did go into the file and update the drivers by right clicking, then properties, drivers, and update drivers.... not sure if that did anything or not, but I remember it being one of the things I did...

oh and for refference, I am using a Kensington bluetooth adaptor for my PC.

Hmmm what else... I dunno, I just played around alot by always trying to sync over and over, and sometimes it would have the green arrows beside the keyboard icon and sometime not... you may have to time it so you hit 'return' at a certain point.....

Ok I know that was a horrible step by step process, but hopefully something in there helps someone, because I was just about to send this thing back, and it started working, so trust me there is a way!! and once you do it you wont have to touch anything again, it just works flawless all the time!!! good luck!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.