Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I sync'd my Mac Bookmarks to my iPod touch through iTunes and then my MobileSafari kept crashing and actually rebooting my iPod and I figured out that it was because I had TOO MANY bookmarks in my MobileSafari so it kept crashing. What I did to fix this was I went to my User Library folder >Safari>Bookmarks.plist and renamed it to "Bookmarks_backup.plist" then I re-opened Safari on my Mac and of course there were no bookmarks (back to default). Then I re-sync'd my iPod with my Mac Bookmarks which FIXED the MobileSafari crash problem but, now I have 2 Folders in MobileSafari that I cannot delete.... they are Bookmarks Menu and Bookmarks Bar. I can't delete them but, I may be able to reset my Bookmarks to factory settings by deleting the MobileSafari's Bookmarks.plist file but, I cannot find it anywhere by browsing my iPod through FTPS. Does anyone know where I can locate this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.