Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesheephair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Just wondering as im coming to the end of my contract, im planning on getting an iphone and unlocking it and wondering what contract to go for

thanks for the replies in advance .

thesheephair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
lol ...

i explianed i was planning on unlocking it and going for some other contract, looking at orange world, t mobile web n walk etc etc

wondering which was best.

colonelbutt

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2007
London
lol ...

i explianed i was planning on unlocking it and going for some other contract, looking at orange world, t mobile web n walk etc etc

wondering which was best.

only orange and o2 have edge

o2 iphone contract is best for unlimited data
orange edge coverage is better, but uk coverage slightly behind o2

thesheephair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
i see, so can i get n orange contract with unlimted data without having to buy a handset ?

if so where from ??
with o2 is there unlimited data plans for cheaper, not the iphones one ?

thanks by the way

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
mines on t-mobile just sim 20 (for the time being)

beauty is that it's just a monthly rolling contract, so i can jump ship anytime i want if a better deals comes up elsewhere..

not sure if t-mobile has any edge, but i haven't found my browsing to be hindered much (coming from a 3G background of 2 years)..

i have the web n walk bolt on so in total i pay £27.50/month for 300 mins, 500 texts and unlimited data

anyone know any better deals?

thesheephair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
this is confusing me
am i correct?

with orange you need to buy a contract and then have a unlmted data plan added?

with t mobile you can just buy a web n walk contract?

does t mobile web n walk work with iphones??? especially safari edge gprs etc etc all of that ??

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
this is confusing me
am i correct?

with t mobile you can just buy a web n walk contract?

does t mobile web n walk work with iphones??? especially safari edge gprs etc etc all of that ??

t-mobile have a contract called web n walk, but it's also the name of their bolt on if your package doesn't include it.
and yes, if you read my post above, you'll see that i have the web n walk bolt on using their unlimited data on my iphone.

you can use any service provider (except 3 i think) on your unlocked iphone in the UK..

their data plans will all work..

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2006
t-mobile have a contract called web n walk, but it's also the name of their bolt on if your package doesn't include it.
and yes, if you read my post above, you'll see that i have the web n walk bolt on using their unlimited data on my iphone.

you can use any service provider (except 3 i think) on your unlocked iphone in the UK..

their data plans will all work..

Hi there,

I am looking at the T-Mobile website and that Sim Only 20 pack at £20 - but cannot find where you would add the unlimited Data plan to it? Advice?

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
i went for the 45quid plan - more texts and minutes, if I had gone for the 35quid one i would definitely have went over the limit every month.

Philpo

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Hi there,

I am looking at the T-Mobile website and that Sim Only 20 pack at £20 - but cannot find where you would add the unlimited Data plan to it? Advice?

You add the unlimited data when you go through to the check out and it asks you what other services you would like. This also goes for insurance if you want to get that.

I'm personally on a £20 Flext plan and haven't added the unlimited data as I live in an area where Wi-Fi is everywhere! Oh and whoever said only o2 and Orange have edge is wrong, i can connect to t-mobiles when wi-fi fails me! Seems pretty speedy.

Hope this helps! :)

funkyshaker

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
On my unlocked iPhone I use the O2 simplicity sim - £15 a month for 200 minutes and 400 texts. I have also added the web bolt-on for £7.50.

Total a month is £22.50 and can cancel anytime but must give 30 days notice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.