Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:51 PM   #1
jmjerome
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
How Do I Enable Bluetooth DUN on My iPhone?

I use to get traffic updates for my TomTom GO 910 using my bluetooth enabled cell phone (RZR). But now with my iPhone I am unable to get these updates because the DUN feature has not been enabled on my iPhone.

Is there a way for me to enable DUN on my iPhone?

Thanks,

Jeff
jmjerome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:30 PM   #2
claudiu1975
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I have the same problem...

I was using my old phone to get updates for TT Go 910.
Please help!
claudiu1975 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 06:52 PM   #3
wrboyce
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
as it stands, the iPhone bluetooth stack sucks - supports useful services. hopefully apple will sort this in a future (near future!) firmware update (and bring back the tiff exploit! lol)
__________________
Regards, Will Boyce
u: http://willboyce.com
wrboyce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:31 AM   #4
BobCov
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bluetooth data on iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiu1975 View Post
I was using my old phone to get updates for TT Go 910.
Please help!
Try to load "iBluenova" via Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone. It is supposed to do bluetooth data. I can't get my 3G to pair at all, so I am about to try this software.

-B
BobCov is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 11:24 PM   #5
beej69
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Bluetooth tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjerome View Post
I use to get traffic updates for my TomTom GO 910 using my bluetooth enabled cell phone (RZR). But now with my iPhone I am unable to get these updates because the DUN feature has not been enabled on my iPhone.

Is there a way for me to enable DUN on my iPhone?

Thanks,

Jeff
check out http://www.if0rce.com/en/ for some relevant software. also, http://www.intelliborn.com/mywi.html enables BT tethering.

as of iOS 4.3, there is native BT tethering. you can either pay your carrier to unlock this, or use TetherMe: http://modmyi.com/cydia/package.php?id=27257
beej69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 12:06 AM   #6
doctapeppa
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
That question was posted in 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej69 View Post
check out http://www.if0rce.com/en/ for some relevant software. also, http://www.intelliborn.com/mywi.html enables BT tethering.

as of iOS 4.3, there is native BT tethering. you can either pay your carrier to unlock this, or use TetherMe: http://modmyi.com/cydia/package.php?id=27257
doctapeppa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 05:20 PM   #7
beej69
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
That question was posted in 2007!
your point? this thread comes up early in a google search of relevant info i recently made, so i may as well save the next person time if/when they end up here by providing current knowledge
beej69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why does Apple Enable Bluetooth after Updates -BigMac- iOS 7 41 Apr 29, 2014 12:59 AM
iPhone: Tweak to selectively enable/disable automatic bluetooth connection rrandyy Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Jan 13, 2014 07:50 PM
iPhone: Cydia app to enable turning Bluetooth on/off using Siri rrandyy Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 1 Apr 13, 2013 08:13 PM
iPhone: trying to enable panorama on iPhone 4S markhjeffery iOS 6 7 Sep 26, 2012 05:08 PM
iPhone: Enable HD on iPhone 3GS w/o JB cheesyappleuser Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 13 Sep 10, 2012 04:12 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC