Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Nov 18, 2007, 05:29 PM   #1
nicnic77
macrumors member

Can't install Leopard on Macbook

Hi all,

I've borrowed the 2 disc Leopard install disc from a friend who has just bought herself a brand new Macbook. I myself have an older Macbook. I've got a copy of Leopard on order, but I'm too impatient..

Well, every time I try and install I get the following error during the install:

"Mac OSX cannot be installed on this computer. This software cannot be used on this computer"

I've even erased and reformatted using Mac Journaled (whatever it is), but to no avail..

is this going to present a problem when my copy of Leopard arrives? Does the install know not too install itself onto an older Macbook, i.e. pre-Leopard?
nicnic77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 05:31 PM   #2
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

The discs are locked to the model number - you shouldn't have problems when your retail version arrives.
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 05:32 PM   #3
nicnic77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.j.strain View Post
The discs are locked to the model number - you shouldn't have problems when your retail version arrives.
Think that goes down as the fastest reply in history Thanks mate. Guess I'll have to wait!

Dom
nicnic77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

Model Identifier MacBook3,1 needed to boot those DVDs

Yours is either MacBook2,1 or MacBook1,1 ...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X