Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oid

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
UK
Hi,

I placed an order for a 15" powerbook Al earlier this week. Been looking forward to it, however I was just reading that the screen is the same 15.2" screen from the Ti, and not a new screen that had been rumoured. My own fault for rushing the purchase.

Can anyone confirm this, and can anyone offer an opinions on how the screen looks?

I never owned a 15" PB Ti, but a friend did and whilst his picture was nice, it was noticibly blurrier than my ibook screen. Plus I saw a Ti next to the 17" PB in a store recently, and ignoring the size difference, the screen on 17" PB was clearly sharper and more vibrant, at least to my eyes.

All opinions from owners or people who have seen the new 15" Al side by side with other PB's will be hugely welcome.

Thanks

Ramsos

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Oakland, California
The screens are the same, I have a 400 and and 800 dvi tibook and I can see a huge difference in them the 800 has a higher resolution and is much brighter. I think you will be happy with your new pb.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Blurry? My Ti book 1ghz has the best picture I have ever seen on a computer, ever. Better picture than my $1300 IBM monitor (Tritron tube).

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
Maybe its a hit or miss thing. My 1 Ghz TiBook has a very nice screen, but it could be a little clearer. It's hard to judge though, because my friends with PC notebooks jack their resolutions up which throws off a side by side comparisson. Really the only thing that I wish was sharper was text, nothing else is noticeably blurry unless you stick your face right up against the screen.

LordMord

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2003
London - UK
15" blurry?

I have the Ti 800 and the screen is sweet. It blows away any iBook and the 12" PowerBook. I have used all of them as I am the person who sets them up at work...

Trust me, the TiBooks (later versions) screen is great.

Having said that I was disappointed that the new version did not have the rumored 15.4" screen...ce la vie...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.