Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CactusChef

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I have a jailbroken iPod touch. I have the iPhone applications on there. For Google Maps, is there a way to access the hybrid view? All I have is Maps, Satellite, and List (no hybrid).

Is there anyway to bring the hybrid view up under the maps application?

Also, what does the little car icon do...sometimes it's highlighted and sometimes not...pressing (when available) doesn't give me any info on what it does.

Please let me know, thanks.

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
I have a jailbroken iPod touch. I have the iPhone applications on there. For Google Maps, is there a way to access the hybrid view? All I have is Maps, Satellite, and List (no hybrid).

Is there anyway to bring the hybrid view up under the maps application?

Also, what does the little car icon do...sometimes it's highlighted and sometimes not...pressing (when available) doesn't give me any info on what it does.

Please let me know, thanks.

The application does not have a hybrid view.
The little car icon enables/disables traffic.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
The application does not have a hybrid view.
The little car icon enables/disables traffic.

You can get a slightly hybrid view if you create a trip and the touch satellite. You just see the purple lines on the satellite picture, no street names. The car icon is only useful in bigger cities i live near Blacksburg, VA (go hokies!) and it doesn't show traffic info...but send you map to New York City, and you can get a traffic report.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.