Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eagle101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I want to buy an Macbook pro today or tomorrow? I wanted to get everyones opinion whether or not there will be an update/refresh for Macbook Pros at the Macworld in January? Should I wait?

Thanks

schreck

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
New England
Well, that's what they're saying. Most people believe that the processor, if nothing else, will be refreshed in January at MacWorld. A quick search of the forums and you will find a slew of threads based on this topic.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Well, that's what they're saying. Most people believe that the processor, if nothing else, will be refreshed in January at MacWorld. A quick search of the forums and you will find a slew of threads based on this topic.

There are a crazy amount of threads on this subject. Buy when you need it. The current one is great as is!

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
There are a crazy amount of threads on this subject. Buy when you need it. The current one is great as is!

So is your PowerBook! I'm keeping my MBP for at least 3 years, it rockz - no need to follow the hype and wait for upgrades etc.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
So is your PowerBook! I'm keeping my MBP for at least 3 years, it rockz - no need to follow the hype and wait for upgrades etc.

My PowerBook is long in the tooth for my needs with digital photography. I'm popping for a MBP in January. Since I'm this close to the next latest and greatest, I'll wait for it. And then I'll be keeping the MBP for 4 years or so like I have with the PB.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
I'm popping for a MBP in January. Since I'm this close to the next latest and greatest, I'll wait for it.

Sighs :( I bought my MBP in June.............................. should I have waited? But kinda needed it for uni lol. Perfectly happy with my current MBP tho :)

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Sighs :( I bought my MBP in June.............................. should I have waited? But kinda needed it for uni lol. Perfectly happy with my current MBP tho :)

I see that you have the SR MBP. Come January, I'll be torn between the newest one and the 2.4 refurb/closeouts if the update is not that wonderful. I think the 2.4 is the lowest that I'd consider at this point for "future-proofing" with full 64-bit and 4GB RAM. It's a great machine for sure. No offense to the earlier MBPs... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.