Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdsmyth

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
iGet it

I just tried this and I have to say I was impressed. The interface is a lot slicker than either remote buddy or iremote, and seems to be a lot smoother as well. I was able to bounce around my HD on my touch with no problems. That said though there doesn't seem to be any wifi streaming as when I clicked on a movie it asked me if I wanted to download it. If instead it could be streamed that would be good. There's a stack of options haven't played with yet but it looks impressive so far.

on the plus side, you can access your MAC from any internet connection (you may need to play around a bit with your touter ports)

on the down side, no video streaming :-(

Nivola

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
I just tried this and I have to say I was impressed. The interface is a lot slicker than either remote buddy or iremote, and seems to be a lot smoother as well. I was able to bounce around my HD on my touch with no problems. That said though there doesn't seem to be any wifi streaming as when I clicked on a movie it asked me if I wanted to download it. If instead it could be streamed that would be good. There's a stack of options haven't played with yet but it looks impressive so far.

on the plus side, you can access your MAC from any internet connection (you may need to play around a bit with your touter ports)

on the down side, no video streaming :-(

How have you gotten yours to work?

I have installed the iGet Mobile application on my iMac with OSX Leopard and AirPort, but iGet Mobile will not work with my iPhone when away from my wireless network (i.e. through EDGE or roaming).

I have followed all the directions in the iGet tutorials for setting up a separate Dynamic DNS through their recommended vendor no-ip.com, and I have created port forwarding in my my wireless router, but still I am only able to connect to my iMac via my iPhone when I am on my local wireless network, not when on EDGE or roaming. :(

Additionally, the e-mail functionality for all three of my POP e-mail accounts do not work; all three have different smtp settings have individually been tried and not one will even make it past the "Test e-mail"; each instantly stating it "cannot connect to the mail server" as soon as the "Send" button is pressed.

Any tips or solutions? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.