Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:15 AM   #1
powz
macrumors regular

Album art WITHOUT iTunes??

Does anyone know of a program or iTunes plug-in that automates the process of getting album art for multiple songs BESIDES the "Get Album Art" feature in iTunes? I just don't want to give the iTunes Store my credit card info, which is what I'll have to do to access the "Get Album Art" feature. I've found a few programs but they seem to only allow you to add album art manually, one song at a time, which I'll probably be doing for the next 2 years for all my songs... There must be some way of getting album art for people who don't use iTunes or who simply don't want to sign up for the iTunes Store...

Thanks all.
powz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:18 AM   #2
psychofreak
Retired

I've never tried it, but there is a script on this page that may do it
psychofreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 01:05 PM   #3
powz
macrumors regular

I tried the script but unfortunately it only searches one song at a time and I have to manually drag the artwork into iTunes. Thanks for your suggestion, though.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 05:29 AM   #4
SXR
macrumors 6502a

You can also sign up with the iTunes store with a ClickandBuy account , not your credit card. I did that because I dont have a credit card. That way , you don't have to give them your CC info. But the Get album art feature sucks sometimes, the meta data has to be correct to get the album art.
SXR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:45 PM   #5
davekarn
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to davekarn
I used to go to amazon.com for album art, but found that a lot of their stuff is pretty low res, so I go to http://rateyourmusic.com/ now, and it seemingly has all the albums you could look for, even some bootleg Doors stuff I had surprisingly enough. It may not be as ideal as a program that automatically does it, but it is a nice alternative if you are willing to put the time in.
davekarn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 04:48 PM   #6
powz
macrumors regular

Thanks for the link. Should come in handy for some of my low-res album work.

I'm still looking for an automated program if anyone know of one.

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:18 PM   #7
Sesshi
Banned

Don't know of one for Mac. Oodles for me though. Is it worth Boot Camping?
Sesshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:51 AM   #8
I'mAMac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by powz View Post
Does anyone know of a program or iTunes plug-in that automates the process of getting album art for multiple songs BESIDES the "Get Album Art" feature in iTunes? I just don't want to give the iTunes Store my credit card info, which is what I'll have to do to access the "Get Album Art" feature. I've found a few programs but they seem to only allow you to add album art manually, one song at a time, which I'll probably be doing for the next 2 years for all my songs... There must be some way of getting album art for people who don't use iTunes or who simply don't want to sign up for the iTunes Store...

Thanks all.
What is the name of the program that you use?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 03:09 PM   #9
evanrousso
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekarn View Post
I used to go to amazon.com for album art, but found that a lot of their stuff is pretty low res, so I go to http://rateyourmusic.com/ now, and it seemingly has all the albums you could look for, even some bootleg Doors stuff I had surprisingly enough. It may not be as ideal as a program that automatically does it, but it is a nice alternative if you are willing to put the time in.
thanks for the link that will definitely come in handy for me.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:30 AM   #10
Babycharl.x3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXR View Post
You can also sign up with the iTunes store with a ClickandBuy account , not your credit card. I did that because I dont have a credit card. That way , you don't have to give them your CC info. But the Get album art feature sucks sometimes, the meta data has to be correct to get the album art.
But you have to go to a payzone & put money into the account

Babycharl.x3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store