Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sakino

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
I was wondering if I could see a cargo bag from waterfield to see how much room there is in the bag. I basically want little to no room in this bag since I will be carrying around a backpack with 50 lbs of books in it. Does anyone have pictures of this bag?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm not sure if any of these "notebook sleeves" are really meant to be used to place inside a regular backpack with books and stuff. You always read descriptions about how they're a great complement to a laptop backpack or something. I know a laptop bag defeats the purpose of the slipcover, but I don't think its really meant to be put in my flimsy, regular backpack with no cushioning at the bottom of the pack.

I guess you can do it if you want, but I'd also invest in a better backpack for myself (not necessarily a laptop backpack), maybe one that's generally more padded, especially at the bottom.

I treat my backpack quite rough. :meh:

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2003
I don't know about those sleeves either. I got one when I first purchased my powerbook and I didn't like it, I really wanted some real protection for my laptop. So I got a Timbuk2 laptop bag. I love it, and today I was caught out in the rain and it saved my powerbook's life. I really recommend you look into Timbuk2 bags, mine was more than worth the investment. Let me think, $100 laptop bag, or $2500 to replace a brand new laptop. I'll go with the bag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.