Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Sunil
macrumors newbie

command to logout user

Hi Guys,

Can any body tell me what is the command to logout user from system?

I know the "reboot" and "shutdown" command but I don't know how to logout the user from system.

Previously I was using Carbon API "SendAppleEventToSystemProcess" to restart,shutdown and logout in my Cocoa application. But now I have mad one daemon now this API is not working in my daemon. So I m looking for system commands to achieve these things.

Thanks in advance.
Sunil.
Sunil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:28 AM   #2
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

I don't know why it wouldn't work. The AE event is kAELogOut. If the Carbon functions aren't working (are you linking against Carbon.framework?), you could always use NSTask/system() and call the AppleScript directly with osascript.
kainjow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:55 AM   #3
robbieduncan

Is the daemon running as the user? Or as another user (non-root). I'd imagine the system would not let you log other users out unless you are the super user.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming