Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2003
How are they able to get a contrast ratio of 700:1? Everyone else is in the 350:1 range. I bet they are adding the monitors together, which puts you in the 250:1 range (poor).

That's probably why they are so cheap too.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
How can you tell it's fake? I mean, I'll be damned if I give 'em my credit card, but it seems like a perfectly legit online store. Of course, the monitors themselves seem too-good-to-be-true, but hey, you never know...

They also sell all sorts of stuff other than the monitors. Who are these people?:confused:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Originally posted by jrv3034
How can you tell it's fake? I mean, I'll be damned if I give 'em my credit card, but it seems like a perfectly legit online store. Of course, the monitors themselves seem too-good-to-be-true, but hey, you never know...

Actually, some people are insisting they're real, but I just can't believe it.

- It's a complete rip-off of Apple's site design (adapted to use Windows XP style)
- The market speak is completely over the top ("CacheFlow™ Technology is a pre-emptive multi-threading artificial intelligence memory engine" what the?)

It must surely be a joke!

Mike.

utilizer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2002
In Atlanta!
Originally posted by whooleytoo
Actually, some people are insisting they're real, but I just can't believe it.

- It's a complete rip-off of Apple's site design (adapted to use Windows XP style)
- The market speak is completely over the top ("CacheFlow™ Technology is a pre-emptive multi-threading artificial intelligence memory engine" what the?)

It must surely be a joke!

Mike.

This was was reported by MacNN and that's how I found out about them. I was just curious on how they do display wise. Sounds like, not too good, considering that in order to get the full 700:1 resolution, you counting all 3 monitors to get to that number.

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
I like that little bit on the bottom of that page that reads, "* Not responsible for typographical errors and omissions."

Now does were not a real company but were not going to tell you that an omission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.