Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brando06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
So everytime i try to log in to hotmail it doesnt work. I can get to the sign in page, but when i put my password it just goes through a bunch of loading things in the toolbar and then says windows can't open it. It works when i go to my desktop computer though... i am wondering if anyone else has had this happen on their macbook??? If so help me please!!!

VOGUEx

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
you mean windows live? whenever i put in hotmail.com i cant even get to the login page...the link keeps flickering and changing to another link and back...and then i get an error message:

"Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.
You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site."

brando06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
you mean windows live? whenever i put in hotmail.com i cant even get to the login page...the link keeps flickering and changing to another link and back...and then i get an error message:

"Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.
You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site."

Exactly, that is THE EXACT same thing that happens to me... why only on the macbook??

Hoo03

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2007
Virginia
I've been experiencing same thing on my MBP lately.

So what I did was I used different browser (Firefox in my case) instead of Safari and I was able to log in promptly.

Hope this helps.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Go into your safari preferences, securities tab, show cookies.
Search live and delete the results (unless you recognize them as a site you need the cookies from) and hotmail will work in safari again.

Cyclotrode

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Virginia
To add to the above post...after you clear your cookies, when you log in just choose the "Save my e-mail address" option. You will be able to log in then, but you'll have to type in your password every time for now.

According to the official Live blog (link), Microsoft is supposedly working on the issue and should be done by January.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.